Saturday, June 28, 2008

No Stock Day ("NSD")!

Was looking forward to this shopping trip with my mama today. In fact, I have been bugging her (a trusty person whom I know I'll get the best deals with my money's worth (cos of her constant naggings) to go shopping with me since the GSS is going to end soon & I havent done any killings/damages yet or put it in a positive note they are "Attempts to boost the economy". If my memory serves my right, I havent done any MAJOR killings after CNY.

Woke up with a pair of teary eyes at 11.30am, had my brunch and got myself prepared for the "Battle Day". All ready by 1.30pm and papa drove mama & I to Funan. Went to the bank to do some transfers, etc and we went to the next destination- Exelcisor shopping centre to get my tailored skirts. After that, it was to another tailor, this time CYC at Raffles Hotel. It was freaking crowded, 1 of the ladies recognised me asked me to leave my contact no. and she'll call me when is less crowded. So we went to Raffles City to spend some time.

Attempt 1: Raffles City
Mama was complaining that she was kinda hungry, so I brought her to OChacha at Raffles City's B1, to try out the green tea cakes there (went there before with my cousin but didnt get to try the cakes). Got us 2 slices of cakes and a drink each. After she was fed (haha), we started my attempt to revamp the contents of my friday/wkends wardrobe. (Yes! I wanna be more guniang, must find more guniang things to wear). Didnt see anything interesting at any shops, checked out Marks & Spencer and wow! they have different types of undies and bras for different purposes.heeee.... but nah..didnt have time to explore so I just took a glance and went to Robinsons instead. While looking around, CYC called me and we went back to Raffles Hotel.
Attempt 1 was a failure.

Attempt 2: CYC, Raffles Hotel
At CYC, as I was about to get comfy looking at the fabrics, the lady boss came to say hi to us! Wow! Friendly siah! I havent been there for like close to 6 months, she actually remembered me & came over to say hi to us.

Discussed with the sales assistant about what I would like for the next blouse and she recommended some new designs to try out. She was indeed experienced! In fact, I think she did her research before we arrived. Not only was she able to remember the designs I tried before and the type of fabrics I prefer, she was ready to recommend 1 fabric when we were there. We were done for 1st blouse in less than 10 mins and moved on to the next. Mama was really a joker...she reminded the sales assistant to "Find her some fabrics that are comfy to wear and easy to wash and iron, I'm the one in charge for ironing and washing HER clothes". I stared at her in embarrassment. While we were discussing the design for 2nd blouse, the sales assistant told us that she wants me to wear blouses with unique designs even from the back so that people will wanna see the front to see what design is on it. I told her..."then you must make sure your customers are gd looking/pretty.Can you imagine if someone looks at the backview and wanna try look at the front view and ask the person about the top...but when they see the face...they are shocked by the looks, how?" heee.... Got a white blouse to be tailored made too cos I realized I don't have any white blouses, and according to some fashion magazines, is always good to arm yourself with a white blouse for any occasions. COOL! So altogether 3 blouses!
Attempt 2: A success!

Attempt 3: Novena Square I & II
Next attempt was at Novena Square. Went to check out the shop that SD was telling me all about. Didnt manage to find anything there leh...Went to the Giordano at NS, saw this 3/4 pants that I wanna try, guess what? Don't have my size!! Grrr!! This is No.1 contribution to NSD. Went Levis Signature to check out the 3/4 pants, the design doesnt suit my butt area...not very nice.
Attempt 3: So at this destination, it was a failed attempt to boost the economy.

Attempt 4: Centrepoint
Went to orchard area which was our initial plan, in the evening. Went to Robinsons hoping to find my tops from the ladies department. Afer looking around, managed to find this black top from Yen, it got my size....phew! Bought it at $63 and then proceed to the handbags dept, saw this brown handbag from Toscano, but it wasnt on sale. So we decided that we should cross over to OG Orchard to see if they have it and with the OG membership, I can get 10% discount! As what my mama say "that 10% ah, can 吃死人! (pronounce it in hokkien)" Went to the shoes dept, didnt see anything I like. So we went to the Giordano at Centrepoint to once again look for my 3/4 pants, so pissed off..don't have my size leh!!!!! ARGH!

Attempt 4: A slight success with the top from Yen

Attempt 5: OG Orchard
Went to OG Orchard to check out the shoes. Saw a pair of sandals and wanted to buy them. Don't have my size!!!!! (No.2 contribution to NSD!). But the salesman was very helpful, he helped to call up the other 2 branches to check for stock and guess what they do have the stock!! Yeah!! Tomorrow I shall go OG People's Park for it! (More excuse to go out) After that, we went to check out the bag if they have discount. Yupz..new arrival only members get the usual 10% discount. Was still thinking about it and after walking around, I decided I should just get it. BUT! Yes BUT!!! They only have 1 piece & is a display set and I don't like display set! GRRR! (Thats no. 3 contributing to NSD) The salesgirl offered to check for available stock from HQ and bring it down for me next week. YEAH!!!

Attempt 5: Failed miserably with 2 contributions to NSD!


Met papa at somerset and we went for our dinner....got home at 10 plus. Tired..but still...not fun leh..didnt get to go Ngee Ann City or Paragon though. I guess today is as what Ah Wen say "Not a good day for shopping". Sighhhhh....

No comments: