Saturday, January 31, 2009

It's a 牛 year!

Wow! Is been a week and a half that I haven't been blogging. Not really busy, just too lazy to do anything that's all. 新年快乐,恭喜发财! 大家发发发发!!!!

Here's a summary of what I have been doing.

Saturday, 24 January 2009
Went for my haircut and colouring at Ngee Ann City and then a short shopping trip to see if there were any last minute bargains. Bought a top at 喜 shop in Paragon. The top was originally priced at $53, with a 30% discount, it should cost me $37.10. However, when the sales assistant scanned the barcode, the price appeared at $20! Whoever didnt update the database is going to get it...haha..what a good bargain. So proud of my purchase of the day. I saved an additional $17.10. Stopped by Delifrance for some food and it was my mother's treat.

Sunday,25 January 2009 (CNY Eve)
The usual routine for CNY eve with a little twist since is on a non-working day. I slept till I woke up without the use of alarm clock. It was already in the early afternoon. Surfed youtube for interesting variety shows to watch, got tired of it. Went to the living room to switch on the Home Theatre system for my Westlife Croke Park Concert DVD.

Got myself prepared for the Reunion Dinner. This year our reunion dinner was at 8pm at Restuarant 88, located at Keppel Bay Tower, Harbourfront. Reached the restaurant at about 7.45pm. While waiting to get into the restaurant for our dinner, we took some photos and did some cam-whoring with my nephew being the model. One of my cousins is back from UK for the CNY period, so we were doing a catch up session with her. Mainly my folks with her, since I get to chat with her online.

During the dinner, there were lots of laughter and my brother was trying to be funny that everytime he speaks to my cousin, he'll start off the sentence with "In London....". *shakes head*

It was a hurried dinner, we were out of the restaurant by 9.30pm and it was time for our temple visiting routine. This year, since we were kinda early, my mother proposed that we go to the temple at Telok Ayer. However, when we reached there, it was cloesd. So my dad took a detour to the other temple at Chulia Street. After Chulia Street, we went to the temple at Balestier, near Jalan Bunga Raya that we usually go to. It was kinda crowded. After we were done there, we went to a temple further down. And it was time to go home for my usual routine for CNY eve- 守睡. I kept myself awake till close to 5am by watching Transporter 3 on tudou as well as chatting with some friends.


Monday, 26 January 2009 (CNY Day 1)
Woke up close to 12pm, to get ready for the activity for the day. That is to watch "The Wedding Game" with my parents. As we were early, my parents suggested to visit one of my aunts before going to Great World City for the movie. So we went to Clementi, after visiting then off we went to Great World City. We were about an hour early for the movie and I went to collect the tickets. Most of the shops were closed, so we went to McDonald's for some food. Then we went to Cold Storage for a walk and ended up buying some canned soups. haha...and we found some brands that were very popular in the past and now is back on the racks.

Went back to the cineplex and we found our seats. Waited patiently for the movie to start. The cineplex was almost full. Luckily, I selected the last row in the centre or we would be disturbed by those kids. The movie was ok, predictable plot, quite funny but I would only recommend people to watch the movie on weekday prices rather than on weekend prices.

After the movie, we went to Fish & Co for our dinner. Ordered a seafood platter for 2 to be shared by the 3 of us. We didnt want to eat too much and guess what we were very full after the dinner!

Reached home and it was another movie marathon for me. Re-watched "Bride & Prejudice" on my vcds and then watched this Chinese movie, "刺青", starring Rainie Yang. (btw, think it was rated R21 in Singapore) It was only 4am when I went to bed again, cos the second day of CNY is usually an activity day for me.

Tuesday, 27 January 2009 (CNY 2nd day)
Woke up at 10 plus, feeling sleepy but I need to get ready to go to my 2nd Aunt's place for visiting and then proceed on for my afternoon activity. So we reached our aunt's place at 12 plus and my cousin passed me the Westlife Croke Park Concert DVD that she got from UK for me. (Note: I have 2 copies now)

My afternoon activity involved watching another movie. This time is "Bride Wars" with Marky at Marina Square. Coincidentally, my cousin has planned to meet her friends at Cineleisure to watch "Bride Wars" at about 3 plus and she needs to reach Orchard at 2.30pm. So my parents dropped my cousin off at Cineleisure before dropping me off at Marina Square. I was half an hour late and only made it in time for the movie. Marky still as crappy as he is even during CNY period, seems like he lost abit of his tummy or maybe he got a bigger sized shirt to cover that big tummy of his. haha...

While waiting for the movie to start, there were a few trailers and the movie "Fanboys" seems so lame...gosh! But I might consider watching "Marley and Me" as well as "He's not just not that into you". "Bride Wars" was nice, I couldn't stop laughing (or maybe i am easily tickled). The movie was rather short, it ended about 1.5 hours later. And Marky has to make a trip back home to join his family for dinner, while I have to make a trip down to Hong Lim Complex for my family dinner with my dad's siblings and families.

It was still early, so I walked to Funan to see if Times Bookstore was opened so that I could maybe grab a novel to read while passing time. Turned out I didnt see anything interesting, so I took a bus down to Chinatown Point, bought Newpaper at 7-Eleven before proceeding to McDonald's to get a drink and fries to sit there and rot for 1 hour. After I was done with my newspapers, I was happy to find Wireless@SG working. So there I was happily surfing the net till my parents called.

Made my way to the restaurant, and saw my family members all waiting for me. My parents told me my nephew refused to enter the restaurant without seeing me. That's the reason why 4 adults and 1 kiddo were waiting outside for me while the rest of my extended family have went into the restaurant. My parents told me my nephew kept asking them where am I during the trip to the restaurant. haha...should I feel flattered that somebody missed my presence?

The dinner commenced and gosh...cant believe my aunts stuck their eyes to the TV watching the channel 8 dramas. Gosh! That's really very auntie of them, what made it worse were that my other cousins were also staring at the screens non stop. And the conversation at the next table were discussing about the dramas while the table that I was sitting in were talking about other more educational stuff. Of course, my bro didnt get sick about his "In London" phrase that he continued again. GRRRR!!!

Ended the dinner and I was back home doing movie marathon again. This time, it was "Wall Street" starring Michael Douglas and Charlie Sheen and then followed by "The Perfect Man" by Hilary Duff. Slept at 2am cos the next day I need to work and I have after work activity too.

Wednesday, 27 January 2009 (CNY 3rd day, 1st day of work)
Back at work and gosh! the entire office were almost empty and it was freezing like mad. When I went into the office, WL shook my hand to wish me Happy CNY, the rest were like sitting at their desks looking very serious. It was quieter than the library.

Went for lunch at Mos Burger cos I suggested that we should eat something decent on the 1st day of work after CNY. When WL went to Kino, TCM, AO and myself went to the games arcade. After a round of games, we went to Kino to spend some time while I went to check out some books. Bumped into WL and we all walked back to our workplace, talking crap.

At 5pm, it was official off work time. So AO, WL and I went to YY Coffeeshop for dinner. Yupz..dinner outside cos I was watching "The Reader" with TW at Vivocity and he would be late for the movie. So I decided to have dinner at YY since WL having her class at Bugis area too. So a cheap dinner we had, after that AO and I made our ways to Vivocity. She accompanied me there since she has nothing much to do and so we ended up searching for some stuff she needed and guess what. We ended up at the arcade again. haha. Played some games and it was time for me to meet my friend. While I was walking towards GV, I bumped into QY! She was with her hubby waiting to watch some movie. She got really nosey and kept asking who I was watching the movie with. Sigh...just a friend lor.

Anyway, TW was indeed late but we made it in time as the movie hasnt started and it was just showing trailers of upcoming movies. The Reader is a 2 hours movie and is a R21 movie. (Note: My first R21 movie in the cinema, that is) A very nice movie, in terms of storyline, the acting skills of the actors and actress and not forgetting the good looks of these actors and actress. Is a movie worth watching, so friends if you guys and gals are interested in deep thinking movies, this is one that you should consider watching.

After the movie, we went to BK for TW's late dinner and I ate abit. We chatted for awhile and decided to make our ways home cos it was getting late and we still need to work the next day.

So thats what I have been up to. Mainly watching movies, either in cinemas or on dvds. Thats like the last few busy days for socialising. I'll be cutting down on outings as these activities involve quite abit of cash outlay. haha..however i am looking forward to the next few movies I'll watch that include "Valkyrie" and "He's Just Not That into You".



The Reader- Trailer

No comments: