Yes...I juz discovered an extension to the probability theory, is called Probability of Remote Incidents("Remote Theory"). So what prompted me to say this? It was an incident that happened yesterday. Some of you might have heard it from me and couldnt believe that with a probability close to 0, an incident of such would actually happened to me.
So what actually happened to me yesterday? It was a normal work day, I left home 5 minutes earlier bcos of the lift (the lift nearest to my unit was faulty and I had to make a big detour to take the other lift down and from there a longer distance to walk out to the bus stop where I take my bus everyday). The walk to the bus stop was usual- hurried footsteps with my earphones stuck into my ears, well adjusted volume with my mp3s playing on my creative player. I was definitely minding my business and giving way to people up the bus and I boarded the first 190 that came by. The bus was as usual very crowded, I got to stand at the spot where the bendy bus "joint" is (the joining with the flexible platform in the middle of the bus). I was sooo definitely minding my business when the bus was travelling along the expressway..looking at the floor while listening to my mp3 player with S.H.E songs playing. The bus stopped at the end of the PIE, ready to turn to the first bus stop after it exited the PIE. This girl who was standing less than an arm's length, facing me, PUKED! Yes...she vomitted, but the gross part was ..she sorta vomitted on me!!!! So some of her puke ended up on my blouse, skirt and even handbag! I didnt get angry with the girl, cos obviously she wasnt well. This guy who was standing between us, quickly offered tissue papers for her and kept asking her if she's ok. This girl gave up her seat for this poor girl and another lady gave her a plastic bag. Yupz, all these happened in less than 5 minutes.
Yes...you guys must be laughing, chuckling, grinning and exclaimed "Wah lau! U really unlucky, man! What is the probability of such a thing happening in the morning and best part is landing on ur clothes?" The probability of such a case happening is really REMOTE and almost to zero but as a gd friend of mine will always say "we must factor this in, as is still remote means there's still a chance of such an incident happening". Sigh...and therefore the Remote Theory did happened to me!! I alighted at my usual bus stop and was contemplating whether I should go home and change or should I continue my journey to the office and maybe make a quick trip home during lunch to change. But...the psychological barrier was there and I find it unbelievable to explain to my boss about me being late. But I just have to do it, so I called up my boss and explained the whole incident to him. He cant stop laughing and he went "Eeee...you better go home & change!" So I make a U-turn back home to bathe, change to a new set of clothes and handbag before I stepped out of the house again, this time even with perfume on me. Grrr! When I reached office, my colleagues were laughing at me. WTH!!! Grrr!!! There it goes, not only I wasted my precious 2 hours of work hours, I was the source of the joke and the internet was down the whole day and I couldnt do my work at all! Yesterday was indeed not my day!
So what actually happened to me yesterday? It was a normal work day, I left home 5 minutes earlier bcos of the lift (the lift nearest to my unit was faulty and I had to make a big detour to take the other lift down and from there a longer distance to walk out to the bus stop where I take my bus everyday). The walk to the bus stop was usual- hurried footsteps with my earphones stuck into my ears, well adjusted volume with my mp3s playing on my creative player. I was definitely minding my business and giving way to people up the bus and I boarded the first 190 that came by. The bus was as usual very crowded, I got to stand at the spot where the bendy bus "joint" is (the joining with the flexible platform in the middle of the bus). I was sooo definitely minding my business when the bus was travelling along the expressway..looking at the floor while listening to my mp3 player with S.H.E songs playing. The bus stopped at the end of the PIE, ready to turn to the first bus stop after it exited the PIE. This girl who was standing less than an arm's length, facing me, PUKED! Yes...she vomitted, but the gross part was ..she sorta vomitted on me!!!! So some of her puke ended up on my blouse, skirt and even handbag! I didnt get angry with the girl, cos obviously she wasnt well. This guy who was standing between us, quickly offered tissue papers for her and kept asking her if she's ok. This girl gave up her seat for this poor girl and another lady gave her a plastic bag. Yupz, all these happened in less than 5 minutes.
Yes...you guys must be laughing, chuckling, grinning and exclaimed "Wah lau! U really unlucky, man! What is the probability of such a thing happening in the morning and best part is landing on ur clothes?" The probability of such a case happening is really REMOTE and almost to zero but as a gd friend of mine will always say "we must factor this in, as is still remote means there's still a chance of such an incident happening". Sigh...and therefore the Remote Theory did happened to me!! I alighted at my usual bus stop and was contemplating whether I should go home and change or should I continue my journey to the office and maybe make a quick trip home during lunch to change. But...the psychological barrier was there and I find it unbelievable to explain to my boss about me being late. But I just have to do it, so I called up my boss and explained the whole incident to him. He cant stop laughing and he went "Eeee...you better go home & change!" So I make a U-turn back home to bathe, change to a new set of clothes and handbag before I stepped out of the house again, this time even with perfume on me. Grrr! When I reached office, my colleagues were laughing at me. WTH!!! Grrr!!! There it goes, not only I wasted my precious 2 hours of work hours, I was the source of the joke and the internet was down the whole day and I couldnt do my work at all! Yesterday was indeed not my day!
No comments:
Post a Comment