Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Art of completing MCQs, Intution Theory and Logical Reasoning Theory...

Today I had a very good lesson, I have learnt that I am not well-prepared for my CFA on the 7th Dec and I have also learnt a few more theories and methods pertaining to the Art of completing MCQs.

This morning, I went for my mock paper, knowning very well that I wouldnt do well, was wasting my time and that even rolling the die or flipping the coin could save me to pass the mock. Del has told me last night that she would be using her intution and just "tikam" if she doesnt know how to do the questions. Guess what? She was right! The 3 of us used our intitution combined with logical reasoning and got thru our morning paper, at least I know that someone was ETHICAL to adhere to the STANDARDS and not "project" the image of looking at neighbour's paper.

We met for lunch and Ser's Best Friend joined us for lunch at LJS. Del and I started discussing about the "Art of Completing MCQs" that with the combination of "Intution Theory" and "Logical Reasoning Theory", we were able to complete the MCQs without leaving a single blank and giving us a higher probability of more correct answers. Ser's Best Friend was pretty amused by our conversation and listened to Del and I analysed the Art. Del and I concluded that by looking at the options, we'll adapt both "Intitution Theory" and "Logical Reasoning Theory" to pick the answers. Look at the option that give you the answer that looks pleasing to your eyes and if possible find a logical reason to that and shade the answer! Another point we note for the MCQs is that according to past trends (i.e. WEAK EMH) most correct answers usually lies in "D" and therefore if you do not know the answers and don't have time to apply the 2 theories, just shade "D", there is a higher PROBABILITY of getting the right answers, not foolproof but worth a try. According to Del, one of her relatives have told her that there's a particular technique that one should remember while doing MCQs is that the answers usually runs like a "snake". Meaning you'll see the pattern of a "S" flowing through your paper. (Note: Interesting discovery)

The 3 of us continued to discuss about the morning paper and I told them that I should have really flipped a coin to select the answers cos most of the time I am left with 2 options and I do not know which to pick. Ser's Best Friend told us that by flipping a coin is a waste of that few seconds, just apply the "Top Bottom Method", i.e. pick the top answer or the bottom answer and move on. By doing so, you do not need to think and do not waste time. At least you have an answer on your paper and you'll after all also have the PROBABILITY of 0.5 to get the correct answer as the method of flipping the coin which involves opportunity cost of your time.

Wow! just a one hour lunch and we have so many theories to be tested out for our afternoon paper. Well...I did notice the snake pattern for the first 18 questions that I did. I got desperate and applied the Intution Theory and Logical Reasoning Theory to shade the blanks and make sure I didnt leave any questions blank. I still have 25% chance of getting a correct answer so why forego that PROBABILITY of 0.25, right?

After 6 hours of painful torture of doing shading, scratching head and venting frustrations on the financial calculator, I went to meet my parents for a shopping trip. Erm... today was indeed my day in terms of shopping. Bought quite a few things today with my first purchase at OG, bought a "down" jacket for my next year's overseas trip, with Amex card, I got 20% discount for it. After that, we went to Centrepoint Shopping Centre and I managed to buy a pair of shoes for work, I don't think I can stand another torture session with my current new pair of Everbest shoes, bought a pair of Americaya shoes with a discount of 10% cos of the UOB credit card promotion. Passed by a dress shop and went in to check out the dresses. Tried many of the dresses and ended up buying 2 of them and again with UOB creditcard I got a 10% discount. The total expenditure at Centrepoint alone, allowed me to redeem 2 umbrellas and 2 Calendars, I bet my nephew will be very happy about it. My mama made a comment that is been a long while since she saw me spending so happily and having that satisfied smile after the short shopping trip. Well..erm....this is what happens when I do serious shopping....

Tonight I shall take a break from my studies and start on my romance novel,"你的爱情,我在里面". heeez...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that's a lot of shopping in a day.

DQ