Thursday, August 21, 2008

One of the rare eventful days...

Today is indeed one of those rare days when the day is very eventful. Today, met up with TW (havent seen for 3 years) for lunch, met up with HTeach and XZ for dinner and a pleasant surprise to complete the day. Yeah! Feeling so full now... Getting fatter....

After regaining contact with TW last week, we finally met up for lunch today with WL. It was supposed to be on Tuesday, however our vain boy- TW decided that Tuesday is not a good idea bcos he wouldnt have time to to cut his hair on Monday evening and he'll look messy and not very presentable to meet us for lunch. So we arranged it for today. Prior to the lunch appointment, TW and I have been catching up via msn and making fun of one another. So today's lunch was like a catch up session for WL and TW. Poor TW! He waited for us for about 15 minutes and can only have his lunch at about 1.15pm. Went along Liang Seah Street for vietnamese food. During the lunch, I was so crappy that I kept making fun of TW and WL (on separate matters) Haha... Of course, WL has to make fun of me too to suggest that I have to give them a treat etc. Well..TW couldnt recover fast enough for my quick wits. But wow! He managed to read my mind pretty well. Good job, Ah Wee! He rightfully pointed out that when I think, I don't go "straight" but the "slightly crooked" thoughts (i.e. R-rated mind). Haha...everyone who knows me real well, will agree with this point.

Some afterthoughts from the lunch appointment, TW has changed quite abit. Or maybe last time I didnt really converse with him in uni. He's so crappy... not much changes in terms of physical built, still as good looking as before (Note: Handsome! I expect a treat), friendly and probably slightly slimmer than before? TW! Why that nerdy specs?! Oh! TW just told me that I look the same like as if I didnt age at all. Wonder if is good or bad, considering I was like a nerd in uni. But as what SD said...must learn to just thank the person, so....Thank you, ah! But! He agreed that I seem to be chubbier than during the uni days. *sob sob*

After work was my 2nd gathering, this time with my HTeach and secondary school friend, XZ. Met XZ at 6pm to travel to Square 2 to meet our HTeach for dinner at Zhou's Kitchen. XZ commented that I sounded so different on the phone with clients than with him, cos usually I'll have a few expletives in between the sentences when I talk to him. haha. Reached Velocity before 7pm, so we called HTeach and went to the restaurant to meet directly. Gave them the decision to order whatever food they like cos I was busy replying smses to Ah Hia as well as I just was too tired to read another chinese word after yesterday's ktv session. They ordered and we started exchanging updates and opinions on general affairs (not me ok...too brain dead & bimbotic to speak intellectually in this type of topic). They kept commenting that I ate very little but in actual fact I ate like the most in terms of my own dinner for the past 2 weeks. I told them is bcos they were too busy talking, I was eating sliently and finished all my food before they even started! Dinner was not bad, had peking duck, potato leaves, fish maw soup, cod fish, etc.

Second stop after dinner was of course dessert. Before dessert HTeach and XZ stopped by a bookshop that sells christianty books/albums, etc. XZ got a cd from there while I look really lost in the shop. haha. Our dessert place was Haagen Daz, ordered a scoop of icecream each, sat there and talk rot while I was looking at people walking by. hee...habit of doing "people gazing".... Left the place at about 10 plus and HTeach dropped XZ and I at Somerset and we shared a cab home.

Surprise? Well..is indeed a pleasant surprise, the last thing that can came into my mind after so much crap had happened last week.... Yeah! Is this what they call "Things will get worse before they turn better?"

No comments: