Monday, July 07, 2008

Kawaii!!!

This Friday is my co's Dinner & Dance. The theme is "All Around The World" i.e. we should dress in national costumes of the different countries. Note the word "should". Yes....in my company, the culture is "don't need to wear according to theme". However, cos this year, 1 of our dept colleagues is the chairperson and there's a prize award for best-dressed in terms of table, we decided to dress in accordance to the theme.

We have actually discussed and even went to People's Association- The Wearhouse to check out the available costumes for rent. Personally, I thought the korean, western and the jap costumes seem cool if we want to dress as a common theme for the entire table, cos is easy to wear and don't require too many fancy props (i.e. spend less lar).

When we went to PA, they were closing for lunch hour, so we went to this prawn noodles stall- jalan sultan prawn noodles or something. A hawker like stall with no air-con, sit at shaky tables and plastic stools. (Note: SD & gang, I do go to non-air con places to eat ok?) haha.. The prawn noodles not bad, but I still prefer the one at Suntec's Food Republic's prawn noodles. Anyway, it poured while we were eating, so we happily enjoyed our food and talked crap non stop. Somebody doubts my orientation and claimed that she doesnt know if I am straight or not, cos she has never seen me holding a guy's hand or let a guy hold my hand before and holding my nephew's hand is not counted...GRRR!!!

Reached there and the 7 of us went through their collections again. Finally, we decided on Japanese costumes. Yukatas for guys and kimonos for the ladies. We actually suggested for tcm to be "sushi boy" cos the "sushi boy" costume looks quite cute and all they have to do is rent the top and wear over their normal black pants. But he wasnt happy he wanna have the Man Man Yukata with the fake samurai sword. So we asked him & SM to paste the little moustache thingy to look like a jap. The rest of us started picking kimonos and AO and gang all asked me to take the pink one. haha..it didnt look really good on the photo. But I was quite happy that mine was the cheapest.HAHAHA....

When there werent many people in the office...I decided to try out my kimono. Wow! the pink kimono suits me! hahaha..I suddenly look so kawaii! (Yes..u guys can start puking). Looking forward to the Dinner & Dance, as what WL say....it might be the last time we get to attend the D & D together....

No comments: