Monday, June 01, 2009

Another get-together...

Yeah! It was another gathering for a few of our colleagues from different depts and this time we gathered at AO's place for a BBQ on a hot Saturday evening.

Originally, we (as in Man, WL and myself) agreed to reach AO's place at 3.30pm. However, I can only collect my satays from 3 plus onwards, I told them on Friday evening that I'll be late and probably reach AO's house at 4pm. Everything's planned but guess what? I was having a slight diarrhoea problem and as a result, I could only step out of the house at 3.30pm and reach Clementi at about 4pm to collect the satays. Hence, on my way to AO's place, WL smsed me while AO called me, both to check about my whereabouts.

Reached AO's place at about 4.30pm, when I reached the unit, I saw Man, Arch and WL sitting there on the sofa watching TV. AO opened the gate for me and I went in to drop the stuff I collected and explored AO's place. Having occupational hazards, I was checking out the finishes in the kitchen. haha. AO got us some of her home-made potato salads and we went to the living area to eat and even tried out her karaoke system. Soon, FS arrived and before we went down for the BBQ set up, AO decided to play some scores and we attempted to sing from it.

We went down to the BBQ pit, Man and Arch (the only 2 guys then) started to start the fire. We had to borrow a lighter from an uncle who was attending to some kids party at a nearby function room. Soon, the guys got the fire started and we started piling food onto the wire gauze to start the BBQ. Meanwhile, AO was busy going to her apartment and back to collect stuff with her friend. Yupz! She also invited her NZ gang of friends, 2 of whom went to the go-kart previously. After that, Lynn and Cat joined us in the midst of the BBQ

Weather wasn't doing that well, when it started to drizzle. Everyone packed the stuff into the function room and a few of us (I think Man and AO) were left handling the pit. After awhile, AO came in with food and tongs and said she needed to take a break and passed me the tongs instead. The first thing that came to my mind was "ME?! BBQ food for you guys to eat? Safe to eat anot?" haha.. Arch took over Man's place and the 2 of us manned the pit and started BBQ-ing the pork prepared by AO and the satays. Thinking that we can eat the food first before passing the rest to the gang, AO's dad came out and took the bbq-ed food into the function room and we were left with nothing... Passing clouds came by and it started raining! Luckily, the pit was partially sheltered by the tree and we were able to continue bbq-ing the food. Soon, the rest of the gang came out to take over. And I can finally get to rest and eat. We finally passed the pit to AO's friends and sat down to enjoy the food and started chit chatting with AO's parents. haha...

At 11pm, we shifted to AO's place and this time we went to explore AO's room and all of us tried out AO's weighing machine. When we all returned to the living area, Cat spotted the I-gallop hiding somewhere and Man carried it out into the living area and we started playing with it. Whee! Can almost faint from the highest speeds, while I was still playing with it, AO decided to play the piano and Cat sings with her. Cat sang to the song "Even The Nights Are Better" by Air Supply. After she was done with the song, she rushed off while the rest of us were still around. AO has this thing about me singing "Tell Him". Sigh...and I suck at this "Tell Him" song lah..in fact I was so off form that evening, couldn't really sing.

We all left AO's place at about 12 midnite. Man gave all of us a lift home and for once WL get to see the part of the "world" that I stay in. hahaha. It was quite a good gathering and yeah next activity on my list will be KARAOKE SESSION!!! Is been 3 months since I went for one!!!



Even The Nights Are Better- Air Supply

I, I was the lonely one
Wondering what went wrong
Why love had gone
And left me lonely

I, I was so confused
Feeling like Id just been used
Then you came to me
And my loneliness left me

I use to think I was tied to a heartache
That was the heartbreak
But now that Ive found you

Even the nights are better
Now that were here together
Even the nights are better
Since I found you
Even the days are brighter
When someone you loves beside you
Even the nights are better
Since I found you

You, you knew just what to do
Cause you had been lonely too
And you showed me how
To ease the pain

And you did more
Than mend a broken heart
Cause now youve made a fire start
And i, I can see that you feel
The same way

I used to think I was tied to a heartache
That was the heartbreak
But now that Ive found you



No comments: