Saturday, September 27, 2008

Who should make the first move?

First of all I got to warn Toukarin (I know you still read my blog) and Man, this post may sound childish, so please ignore this post.

On a wonderful Saturday night away from the bustle of the F1 crap and of course bcos some IDIOT (U know who U are) flew my aeroplane, I am sitting in my study room, typing this blog post out. Was chatting with my friend just now on msn and we started discussing the topic on "BGR". Both of us were sharing with one another about some scenarios and suddenly she exclaimed "When is so obvious, why can't the guy just make the first move?!" Good question.... guys will probably ask the same question too.. "Why can't girls give us clearer signals as to whether they are keen on us?" Wow! We can discuss this day in day out, until next Christmas or even until the end of the world, whichever comes first and we'll still never get an answer that both sexes will agree upon.

Well...I don't have the answer too and the worst of it all is that ...Yeah I don't know how to take hints or give hints to guys (in accordance to Marky). Sigh...so who should make the first move? Given the senario, if the girl is keen on the guy, she starts to drop hints to the guy (assuming the girl does know how to drop OBVIOUS hints) and almost on the verge of confessing her interest to the guy. What's next? At this point in time, shouldnt the guy (no matter how dense he is) get the hints already and do something about it? If the guy's not interested, hint it back to her through your actions or words (This I think you guys are very good at). If the guy is equally keen, then make the move. Do not be fearful of any rejection but please make sure you know what you are doing and don't take such a long time to be sure. DUH! Time don't wait for anyone. Don't wait till the day you realise you are losing her for good, then you start to panic and do something about it. When you realises that, most of the time, say 80% and above, is too late... cos she has definitely moved on....

According to my friend's "expert" observations after many years, this is what she found out. If the girl is not interested in you, she wouldnt be doing things that your other girl friends wouldnt do and that include time spent chatting with you, listening to all your lame complaints and whinings (yes...guys do whine too). And most importantly, she wont be so bo liao to get jealous when you mention about other girls or guys (this situation abt guys only applies to some whom the girl aint sure if the guy in question is straight or not). Is damn obvious if she's jealous cos you can sense/decipher it, the "sour smell " can be VERY obvious.

Maybe you'll disagree and say there can be platonic relationships around. Oh don't get me wrong here...I do believe in this too cos I have lots of very close guy friends whom I am in very good terms with. But what I mean is if you are not keen in the girl in the romantic sense, please don't mislead the person and lead her round and round the orbit. Is really heart-wrenching and tiring for the person in involved and her friends around her (Cos they will have to spend time to first decipher the guy's actions and then later to console the girl). You wouldnt want the same thing to happen to you, right? Don't think your guy friends will be that patient or forgiving enough to be there for you when you need them (well..maybe if you are going for drinking sessions)

At the end of the day, maybe if things can be reverted to simpler ways and days, everything will be really straightforward. How about like in the Stone Age? Caveman interested in the girl will go up to her and said "U! my Girlfriend?" If the girl doesnt agree, clobber her and drag her home. hahaa... (Right, Ah Wen?)
p/s: I am talking crap....the stress must be getting to me again.... sigh... Economics, wait for me.......here I come!!!

No comments: