Sunday, March 06, 2011

Leading a day as a tai tai...

Saturday was a day that I finally can relax before next week's schedule of terrible nite meetings flooding and invading my personal life.

Went for my dental appointment at Tanglin Shopping Centre, chatted with the dentist about his unit going thru a collective sale. It was quite fun speaking to my dentist talking about property market and understanding how these owners think about the collective sale process and the property prices.

Next on, I was supposed to meet Sam for a movie at about 12.15pm, so there was some time left and I decided to slowly stroll down Orchard Road. Ended up at Toys R Us and did a litle shopping for my nephew and my recently born niece. Spent about half hour and finally moved on to Liat Towers for Esprit and on with Wheelock Place for Borders and Marks & Spencer.

Took the MRT to Dhoby Ghaut to meet Sam, then we made our way to The Cathay Cineplex for our movie "No Strings Attached". Quite a funny movie and I was laughing like crazy. (Probably deprived from movies for a long time)

After movie was our planned hi-tea session but unfortunately the Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge at Takashimaya was going through renovations. Damnit! We were contemplating where to go and decided to go Paragon to check out to see if there's anything that we should try. Ended up we went to Canele at the basement. We decide to give it a try, ordered a honey baked ham sandwich and a strawberry cake with 2 pots of tea for sharing. It was a good tea session as we chit chatted about lotsa stuff. Took some photos and sent them over to our mutual friend in Taiwan. hahaa...

Went to do a little window shopping and made our way to Triple One Somerset's Fukuichi Japanese Dining to meet her customer and my tourmate for a dinner. She commented that the place I recommend is really atas and considered fine dining for Japanese cuisine...and i was like "oh oh". Think I better stop going to atas places and thinking it is ok. Luckily they were pleased with the quality of the food and really enjoyed the food.

Made our way home at 9pm and feeling so exhausted. But it doesnt matter, I enjoyed the day. Really made full use of my Saturday.

No comments: